Bloomingdale, Illinois

Purchased a five year platinum extended warranty from Plass appliance on 1/10/11 for a Frigidaire refrigerator.Having problems with the refrigerator and now find the WARRANTY IS WORTHLESS because Plass has GONE OUT OF BUSINESS.

What a scam this has turned out to be. Where is the Illinois Attorney General or DuPage County State's Attorney on this? Seems there should be some consumer assistance available for people who bought these extended warranties and now find themselves caught with no protection.

Has anybody else had this problem and if so were you able to get any resolution?Thanks for any info you can share.

Had an Experience with Plass Appliance?

Comments

WP2008

We are sorry for your frustrations. Whirlpool does not manufacture Frigidaire. Here is Frigidaire's customer service number; 800-444-4944.

Carthage, Illinois, United States #1341670

Boy they got me too!Was looking forward to getting my warranty charges back & making another purchase!

What a scam!!

They should be sued for all the people who bought the extended warranties that turn out to be useless!Thieves!

Disappointed with Pl***

Well, well, well...add me to the list!***!

Warranty purchased 1/17/11 for a Kitchenaid Refrigerator that now won't stay cold.

lowest I can get it is 52 degrees which obviously isn't safe.This just stinks...wish I didn't buy warranty and used that money towards my now repair bill that I will have to pay.

Andy
Orland Park, Illinois, United States #865747

Top of the line 3 year old Whirlpool Cabrio washer and the lid cracked. I had to pay 258.08 just for the part. So much for the 5 year warranty.

Whirlpool would not help me with this crack lid.

I have the extended warranty on the five KitchenAid appliances purchased in November, 2010, from Plass in Tinley Park.The refrigerator is a lot of leaking water.

It does not have an ice-maker. I have checked the pan and it is dry. This has happened a few times over the last two weeks. Has anyone had that problem?

I will call the store in Florida that is listed in the post on July 16, from Chicago.Any other suggestions?

screwed by Pl***
Chicago, Illinois, United States #841378

here is what i have found out about Plass....Dale Plass has moved to Florida and is part owner of Desears appliance store as of 3/14/11 they information is 4650 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, FL 34231 · (941) 706-4938 i have called and one of the other owners said the protection plan pryor to 2011 im screwed but i would still advise everyone to call every day and as many times a day as you can.

we are still working on getting more information on this matter..

if anyone else has anything please post here!i will update when i have more information!

lisa
to screwed by Pl*** Geneva, Illinois, United States #856140

I just talked to Desears (about my 5 yr plan purchased in 2011.No luck.

Plass does not "own" Desears, they just have a partial ownership.

They guy basically told me we are hosed.The answer was no different for 2011 than the prior years.

screwed by Pl***
Chicago, Illinois, United States #840440

i also have all appliance with the Protections plus and now i have problems and cant get anyone to help me out evern call jenn-air and they wont help me either... what can be done for this?

I too am in the same position.I purchased the extended warranty because they said that if the warrantly is not used, they then give you a store credit of the amount that was paid for the warranty.

When I found out they were going out of business, I contacted Plass to get a refund on my warranty. They advised me to write a letter to the corporate office and they would send a refund.

I wrote the letter requesting a refund and never heard anything back.I'm having issues with my washer and am no longer covered under warranty.

windmill

I am stung by the extended warranty by Plass. We should all file a claim in bankruptcy court against Plass so we get paid back. Plass held the money and did not hire a professional/ outside warranty company to manage this program.